According to new research by Enea and Cybersecurity Insiders, Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS) are widely deployed but face challenges to remain effective. Cybersecurity professionals express concern over noisy alerts, limited visibility inside cloud workloads, and blindness to threats in fully encrypted environments.
Key findings of the research:
- IDS/IPS functionality is now equally deployed on-premises and in the cloud
- 45% of respondents consider inaccurate, noisy alerts as their biggest headache
- 41% of respondents want their IDS/IPS to improve detection of anomalous and evasive traffic
- 64% of respondents require expanded IDS/IPS protocol and application coverage for cloud-based business apps (Salesforce, Office 365, etc.)
- 23% of respondents need better traffic visibility in encrypted environments
> For more details, see the full announcement