Server virtualization, the rise of the hypervisor and the emergence of the software-defined data center have birthed a new concept in security: micro segmentation. The days of a strong perimeter at the edge of the data center protecting trusted data and applications on the inside are over. Data center architects are using virtualization to create small trusted zones with their own security policies and enforcement. Building these micro segments and layering the proper security mechanisms on top of them requires fast, flexible and comprehensive visibility into traffic. This webinar, presented by IHS/Infonetics and Qosmos, describes how secure micro segmentation works and investigates the role of visibility in creating strong security solutions in the data center.
Key Topics for Discussion
- Drivers for data centers moving to virtualization
- How virtualization impacts data center architectures and the critical need for security mechanisms
- Examples of micro segmentation and strategies for deploying security in the data center
- Micro segmentation security solution options for data centers
- Answers to audience questions during live Q&A
- Jeff Wilson, Research Director, Cybersecurity Technology, IHS
- Jerome Tollet, CTO and Co-Founder, Qosmos
- JoAnne Emery, Sr. Manager, Webinar Events, IHS (Moderator)
Duration: 45 min + Q&A
To see the archived webinar, click here
FREE White Paper!
“Data Center Security: Micro-Segmentation and Application Visibility” by IHS Infonetics