Wireless LAN Infrastructure
Typical situation today
Until now, Wireless LAN solutions have typically treated all traffic flows equally without distinguishing the application involved or the device used. However, traffic flows must now be steered selectively based on the application used, to ensure optimized bandwidth utilization, quality of service and security.
This is especially important for regulatory compliance such as:
- HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act) protecting patient data in the healthcare industry
- PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard) protecting debit & credit card holders
- Education: protecting students on campuses
Strengthening the solution with Qosmos DPI Engine
In order to implement differentiated flow steering, wireless LAN vendors need a reliable application analysis technology based on Deep Packet Inspection (DPI). Qosmos ixEngine DPI and metadata engine enables vendors to strengthen WLAN access point with detailed, real-time network intelligence to implement smarter offloading, better service quality, enhanced security and regulatory compliance.
- IP application protocol libraries constantly updated in line with latest industry applications (healthcare, finance, education, etc.).
- Specific development for additional protocols/applications with aggressive time scales
- Focus on core competence by outsourcing advanced protocol and application expertise
- Avoid the upfront costs, time-to-market delays, and associated business risks of in-house development of DPI and application metadata technology