THE NEED FOR A DETAILED UNDERSTANDING OF NETWORK TRAFFIC
SD-WAN solutions need a detailed understanding of network traffic in order to be effective in leveraging multiple network paths for different applications. Only advanced Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) can provide a high enough level of application visibility and traffic classification to meet all the needs of QoS management, security functions such as firewalling and traffic routing optimization.
Qosmos ixEngine® is an advanced, DPI-based classification and metadata engine that recognizes over 3100 protocols and can extract over 5000 metadata. It performs IP classification and extracts metadata up to Layer 7, based on real-time application and subscriber information. Developed specifically for integration into third-party applications, such as SD-WAN, it provides granular information to be used as input for higher-level functions such as firewalling, QoS based-routing and WAN optimization.
Qosmos ixEngine provides application-level visibility to improve SD-WAN routing and security functions
QOSMOS IXENGINE MAIN FEATURES FOR SD-WAN
- Classifies and keeps track of all network flows by application and user
- Provides volume, delay and jitter per application, user and network link
- Fully supports SDN/NFV environments by using a flow-based approach to cover traffic going across both physical and logical interfaces
- Provides actionable security information in real-time (e.g. automatically identifies fake or corrupted files)
- Provides computed statistics in real-time (e.g. MOS for VoIP)
- The highly granular and timely information provided by Qosmos ixEngine enables SD-WAN solution developers to create more responsive and precise algorithms. In addition, by integrating Qosmos ixEngine into SD-WAN products instead of using in-house DPI technology, solution providers can reduce their development and maintenance costs and accelerate time-to-market.