DETAILED TRAFFIC VISIBILITY UP TO LAYER 7
Qosmos ixEngine® is an advanced, DPI-based, classification and metadata engine that recognizes over 3100 protocols, more than any other Deep Packet Inspection (DPI) library on the market.
Delivered as a Software Development Kit (SDK), it is composed of software libraries, modules and tools that are easily integrated into new or existing solutions. Developers benefit from market-leading IP flow parsing technology to bring detailed traffic visibility to network solutions up to Layer 7. Integration of Qosmos ixEngine as a software component removes the need to develop in-house protocol recognition capabilities, simplifying product development and accelerating delivery. Qosmos ixEngine can be used in all environments: physical, virtualized and in SDN architectures.
Extraction of 5000+ application metadata
Optimized to analyze traffic in real time at 10, 40, 100 Gbps
- Identification of protocols and applications behind each IP flow using a combination of advanced techniques including stateful inspection, behavioral and statistical analysis, heuristics, etc.
- Extraction of metadata from protocols (e.g. volume, delay, jitter, etc.) and applications (e.g. name of file streamed on a website)
Protocol Plugin Bundle and Updates
- Qosmos’ protocol plugin bundle includes thousands of protocol and application plugins to classify flows and extract metadata. To learn more about protocol and metadata support >>
- Qosmos Labs continuously monitor protocols and applications updating protocol plugins to ensure they are always up-to-date
Custom Signature Module
- Allows users to develop custom protocol plugins that are integrated in the Qosmos ixEngine framework at run time
Deep File Inspection Module
- Identifies exchanges of suspicious files (i.e. incorrect / fake types or encrypted)
- Performs basic checks for malware detection and Data Leak Prevention
Rule Engine Module
- Executes customer-defined rules at run-time on output from classification and metadata extraction
- APIs configure rules and load them into rule engine at production stage; rules are expressed in JSON format
Boost your solutions with detailed, real-time traffic visibility
Demo of Qosmos DPI Engine for Network & Telecom Applications
Demo of Qosmos DPI Engine for Cybersecurity Applications