Office Location: Santa Clara, CA
Reporting to: VP Sales, Americas
Position: OEM Sales Engineer
Required Starting Date: Immediately
Key Facts About Qosmos
- Only supplier focusing 100% on OEM IP Classification and DPI technology
- Dominant supplier with 75% market share
- Leading standardization of DPI & Network Intelligence in SDN and NFV networks
- More than 100 customers worldwide (3x nearest competitor)
- Double-digit revenue growth each year
- Headquarters in Paris, 100+ employees, offices in Silicon Valley, Singapore and Tokyo.
The OEM Sales Engineer for the USA is responsible for pre-sales activities for existing OEM customers and partners, and for new sales opportunities.
Focus markets: Cyber Security, Telecom, Enterprise and SDN/NFV.
- Must have experience working with customers and be able to demonstrate an understanding of their technical challenges and requirements in order to propose solutions that fit their objectives.
- Account responsibility for all lead technical activities. This includes building relationships across the customer’s development and systems engineering group in order to fully understand their requirements and be able to define the Qosmos technology that replies to the specific needs.
- Directly support sales teams in achieving financial targets by assisting in accurately assessing / forecasting opportunities and creating relationships at technical levels to influence the selection of Qosmos products.
- Must have strong understanding of telecom network architectures and cyber security use cases with knowledge of Linux, Intel x86 DPDK and ANSI C language.
- Provide specialized technical assistance to the prospect/customer using Qosmos best practice techniques along with other available resources provided to the Sales Engineering group.
- Must be able to create and deliver PoCs, manage competitive bakeoffs, run onsite or remote presentations, perform product demonstrations, and show ability to lead whiteboard discussions.
- Understand the industry competitive landscape along with our unique value proposition.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Direct experience supporting OEM design cycles
- 2 years minimum software development experience preferably with ANSI C language knowledge
- Thorough understanding of IP networks and services (IP based, VoIP, SDN/NFV, VoD, 4G…)
- Degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering is a plus
- Ability to understand and explain related technical issues
- Ability to rapidly gain thorough knowledge of sales procedures, company products, and all potential applications
- Good organizational and long-range planning skills
- Must have proven technical presentation skills and the ability to prepare custom presentations that address customer/prospect needs
- Good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have proven selling ability at previous job level
- Ability to work with multiple departments within an internal and customer organization
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Self-starter, highly motivated, team player, enthusiastic, hardworking, and enjoys interfacing with customers on a day to day basis
- Must be willing to travel 30-40%
This position presents an excellent opportunity for an individual looking to learn and progress within the Network Intelligence industry. The successful candidate will be able to develop and acquire new technical and personal development skills.
If you wish to apply for this position, please use the on-line form.